Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Knowledge

If you see a bike with a clipboard on the front riding around the streets of London, you can be pretty certain they 'are learning the knowledge'.
The knowledge as it is commonly known, is what one must acquire to be a black cab driver. What this man is learning is detailed knowledge of 25,000 London streets. He will be tested on hundreds of routes. He will need to know about all the major tourist attractions in the city. It will take him 2-3 years to learn.
Whew. With my memory think I'll find another career.


Well yesterday's caption challenge resulted in lots of great captions.
I suggest you go to the comments and read them all.
However my judging team picked these three as the best:
I just tramped in dog shit, didn't I?
You are all torn … Who knows you come with me and we beg a few clothes for you?
Can you tell me how to get to St Pauls?

Think I'd better have a prize next time, you're all so good.