Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nature Study Interrupted


The sun was out again today and what started out as a very frosty morning, turned into a *warm in the sun* sort of day. We decided to go out and look around the yard for moss since it is going to be the focus of this week's Outdoor Hour Challenge.....more on that Friday.

We were successful in finding moss in all the usual places but what captured our attention this morning is the lavender along the front driveway. This lavender is blooming again and this is even after I cut it back several months ago. This little habitat was buzzing with bees and if you could smell the fragrance, you would think it was mid-summer.

Bees buzzing


Cat hiding and peeking

What a great interruption to our nature study this morning.

I am more than ever determined to get outdoors each day that I can squeeze it in now that I have a growing appreciation for our temperate climate. I sit inside and think that it is "too cold" to go outdoors but then I think of the families dealing with snow and ice already and I know I have *no excuse*.

Look what we had the chance to enjoy this morning! I should not be surprised to find something interesting but I always am.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom