Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Winter Series Outdoor Hour Challenge #1 Cattails and Winter Wednesday #1 World of Color

1 6 11 Snowshoe Cattails Taylor Creek
Cattails from Our Snowshoe Hike January 6, 2011

I have been trying my best to figure out how to link us all up with our winter nature study. I think every Friday I will just list the corresponding Winter Series Challenge and the Winter Wednesday Challenge all in one post. There will be a Mr. Linky spot for you to post links for either one so others can stop by and see your winter nature study.

Here are the links to this week's challenges:
Winter Series Challenge #1 - Winter Cattail Study

Winter Wednesday #1 - Winter World of Color

Please feel free to complete one or both of the challenges as you have the opportunity. We would all enjoy seeing your entries and even if it is at a later date, please come back to this entry and add your link.

It was brought to my attention that I did not mention that you can purchase a set of thirteen custom notebooking pages to go along with your Winter Series Challenges if you decide not to purchase the book. The pages are available for $2.95. See this ENTRY for more information. These are the same notebook pages included in the Winter Series ebook.



As you can see from the photo above, we were able to go out for a winter snowshoe hike and we found some cattails to observe. I will posting our Winter Cattail entry and our Winter Colors entry over the weekend. It was *wonderful* to get back outdoors with some purpose. I really am looking forward to spending the next few months sharing our adventures and reading about yours.

I am sending out a really big thank you to all of you who have commented and sent sweet notes about your nature study and how much you are looking forward to finding some interesting things to learn about this winter. It means a lot to me to know I am helping other families.

Have a great week!
Barb-Harmony Art Mom