Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Signs of Spring: Waterfalls and Wildflowers


On Monday we drove down to the bridge across the river near our house and this was what it looked like. The rainstorm has brought the river level up much higher than last week and look at that mist.....awesome.

We got a chance between pouring rainstorms to go out for a hike today. It was colder than I expected but it was worth the effort. I took a short video of one of the creeks that has sprung up since the rain started last week. Enjoy the sounds of water rushing down the hill.



Here are a few more shots of a different waterfall along the trail....one that I have shared before. The water was the highest we have seen yet.


What a glorious little waterfall.



There is a flower just starting to bloom right at the waterfall.



Here is what the flower looks like close-up.

I think it may be some sort of saxifrage...not sure.


We also were treated to some Shooting Stars today....the first I have seen blooming for this season. I didn't get a decent photo but I will try again tomorrow.

This area around the trail is changing very fast now and it has a whole different feel to it as we take our walks. Spring is very, very close.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom