Monday, November 23, 2009

Planting Bulbs: Anticipating Spring

Last year I planted a variety of new bulbs in the fall and then enjoyed the blooms in the spring and summer. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

jonquils in a vase
I even wrote a series on planting bulbs:

Part One: Bulbs
Part Two: Bulb Basics
Part Three: Putting Them In The Ground


grape hyacinth
In preparation for the Winter Series of Outdoor Hour Challenges (more info to come), I am encouraging you to plant an early blooming flower such as crocus or daffodils, grape hyacinths or paper whites. Look for these bulbs at your local garden nursery. If your bulb planting time has passed, you might consider planting your bulbs in a pot instead of the ground.

I am looking forward with anticipation to spring flowers.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom