Friday, September 11, 2009

Outdoor Hour Challenges-New Autumn Series Starting September 18th

I am really excited about starting the next series of challenges with a whole new concept. I am taking some of our older challenges, freshening them up, and then adding in some new challenges to make a group of challenges that I am calling the Autumn Series.

There will be ten challenges in the Autumn Series so that will take us all the way to the end of November. Each week on Friday I will post up the challenge and you can participate by completing the challenge, blogging about it, and then sharing your link. Each week you can post a link on Mr. Linky for *any* of the Autumn Series challenges you have completed. This will keep each week fresh with new posts to read and you will be able to share your nature study and be encouraged by reading other families' entries.

We will be starting a completely new series of Year-Long Nature Study Challenges surrounding the cattail. This week in preparation for the first of these challenges, keep your eyes open for cattails in your area. Look for them at the edges of wet places like ponds, streams, marshy areas, and rivers.

I am really excited to be revisiting some of our older challenges with new participants. I look forward to completing the new challenges and learning more about cattails as well.

Come by next week on Friday and you will see the first of the challenges posted up for you to complete.

The end of summer is coming quickly so take every opportunity to get outdoors with your children. We have been working on our Extraordinary in the Ordinary challenge and will post about it soon. I have enjoyed reading the few entries from families that have taken the challenge and even if you can't complete five things, I would love to hear about anything you have discovered using this idea. You can leave a comment here or email me directly. harmonyfinearts@yahoo.com

Here are a few things from my backyard this week.


My petunias are blooming in the garden again and this pretty blue flower is peeking out from under the squash leaves.


Yummy green peppers are still on the menu.


Another bluish flower in the garden is my salvia.

I am looking forward to sharing the Autumn Series of Challenges with you over the next ten weeks.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom