Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Check

There is so much on in London at present. I'm not going to get around to everything to show you. However I'll do my best to give you wee snippets.
As part of the Design Festival a giant mosaic glass chess board with huge ceramic chess pieces sits in the centre of Trafalgar Square.
Created by Spanish designer Jamie Haydón. He was inspired by the battle of Trafalgar and each of the 2m pieces represents an element of London.
Players sit above the board as if on thrones, while commentators direct handlers to move the pieces (on castor's) around the board.
My chess playing skills aren't up to this kind of public humiliation.
The installation is around until 23 September. Definitely worth a visit.

Don't forget today is the final day to enter my trip to Brussels competition.