Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Am Going To Miss Summer

Woke up this morning feeling a little sad about the end of summer.

I am going to miss.....




Summer hikes in the National Parks......


My gigantic sunflowers and participating in the Great Sunflower Project, sitting quietly watching for bees.


Crazy games of volleyball in the park with friends...even in the rain.


Hikes with the boys looking for Big Foot in the redwoods.


Lunchtime walks at the river with our swimmer dog Kona.



I am even going to miss the hot summer afternoons and garden tending.


The Oregon Coast-camping, hiking, photographing, exploring, sitting peacefully in the sand, hiking in the trees, identifying mushrooms, observing banana slugs, and dodging rain....all of those things made such great memories this year.



Freshly cut grass and crepe myrtle blooms in the warm summer evenings....usually with accompanying bats flying overhead.

I will just need to find some things to fill me up during this autumn season. I will challenge myself to find the best parts of this season.

There will be some of this in a month or two....


and this too.....


That ought to lift my spirits!

Barb-Harmony Art Mom