Saturday, July 8, 2006




What's Frank Up To Here?


The Sinatra image obviously lent itself to this sort of advertising, but I do wonder what this Indian costume surrounded by the whiskey bottles thing is all about. Another ad? Somehow I doubt it. Anyway, it seemed the best idea was to pass along the frustration to Greenbriar readers, who by now should be accustomed to it. I don’t think I would have approached Frank’s table to admonish him about his smoking. He would likely not have had Clark Gable’s forbearance. I did read once that Sinatra seldom finished a cigarette once he lit it. Two of three puffs and he’d put it out. Of course, he’d light up another one moments later. No doubt Frank left a trail of barely spent fags in his wake. Maybe that’s why people followed him around so much --- just awaiting their chance to dive for his Chesterfield.