Saturday, July 1, 2006



Deanna, How Could You Have Let Them Do This?


I’m a big fan of Deanna’s. I even wrote her a fan letter once and she wrote back. That was before the internet when getting her address meant going to some real effort. Now it’s too easy, with result being Deanna and other (former) stars are inundated with autograph requests and what not. This otherwise gorgeous color still disturbs me in one particular way you may recognize by doing a click and enlarge. Just look at this woman’s mouth. So much lipstick slathered on looks like a clown’s mask. It's obvious her mouth’s not half big enough to absorb all that paint. One thing I deplore about glamour photography from that era is tendency to lay it all on so thick. And Deanna really didn't require enhancement. What was it Linda Darnell said in A Letter To Three Wives? What I got don’t need beads. That’s the case here. For a Durbin shot of which I do approve, check out the leggy pose upper right.