Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ten Images I Should Have Posted On The Blog

I post lots of photos on this blog of our adventures, gardening, and nature study. You can only imagine how many images I don't share....perhaps thousands (30-40 a week adds up especially when you add in longer trips). I decided to share ten of those images that didn't make the blog for your viewing enjoyment.

Yellowstone Color
#1 This was from an amazing day at Yellowstone...totally unplanned and we were on half-speed since both my boys were really sick with some sort of sinus cold. We had planned a glorious day of hiking at Teton National Park, but since they were sick we altered plans and opted to drive the short distance up to Yellowstone and take a leisurely day and let things happen. Sometimes you just need to be flexible and this was one of those times. It was a great day with some great images... this was the same day we saw the grizzly bear and cubs driving back from Yellowstone to Jackson.

Roosevelt Elk
#2 Roosevelt Elk in Northern California are such majestic animals...very powerful. This photo reminds me of a great camping trip full of boy stuff, including lighthouses, long deserted beaches, crazy long hikes in the redwoods, and roasting monster size marshmallows over the campfire.

Hiking with Boys
#3 The real story of hiking with boys is shown in this photo. How do they always find something to climb on, over, or through? This gate leads to a fantastic little spot that we discovered this year and have been back in just about every season, including January with about four feet of snow.

Yellowstone Wildflowers
#4 There is not nearly enough time and space to share all my wildflower photos with you on this blog. These are along the roadside inside Yellowstone National Park. Honestly, if I didn't always have boys waiting for me I could get stuck on just taking photos of flowers.

Prepare yourself for a different sort of image....

Dead Salmon Head - Fall 2011
#5 Yep, this is one of my boys' favorite images of all 2011. They spent quite some time posing this salmon head for a photo. Mr. A had his camera phone out and was snapping away before I even took any images. Gross but sort of cool when you examine it....I think it looks like a fossil. Later they found a really funny looking dead fish but I will spare you the images.

Mallard Duck - Tahoe
#6 You must click over to Flickr and look at this one really big...the texture of the feathers is awesome. Do you think I will ever learn to identify more kinds of ducks. Mallards are the only ones I can name for sure...something to work on in 2012.


Brussel Sprouts at the Farmers Market
#7 I planned on writing a post that included this image and sharing how much I HATE brussel sprouts although they are really quite interesting to look at. Who likes brussel sprouts anyway?

Love this Combo of Trees and Flowers
#8 This is a combo I am thinking about for my yard. Isn't it pretty? Love the white of the birch and the yellow of the yarrow together.

Mourning Dove on the Utility Wire
#9 My daily friend who visits our feeder. There is a pair that sits on the utility wire across from our house and they make the most amazing sound when they fly....mourning doves are a great bird.

Barb Birdwatching
#10 This is what my family sees me doing a lot....gazing out the window at a variety of things, mostly birds.

If you would like to see my Flickr set with my favorite images from the blog from 2011...here you go: