Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Outdoor Hour Reminders


****Please note that I have posted a poll on the sidebar of my blog regarding the Autumn and Winter Series Challenges. Please pop over and give me some feedback so I can better provide for families that participate. Thanks!

Just some quick reminder

  • I am no longer putting the weekly challenges in PDF files, but if you subscribe to my blog you will receive each challenge in an email. You can then print out the email and file it away for future reference. You can subscribe using the link on my sidebar.
  • As a convenience to you, I actually put many of the past challenges into PDF files for you to download for free and print. They are listed on the sidebar of my blog: Insects, Flowerless Plants, Seasonal Weather/Tree, and Trees are all there right at your fingertips.
  • You are welcome to complete any or all of the challenges written to go along with the Discover Nature in Winter book from last year. They are all listed on the sidebar of my blog for easy reference. Pick and choose and be sure to come back to post a link on Mr. Linky.
  • I have attempted to update all of the links for the Outdoor Hour Challenges. I have replaced the old SaveFile.com links with Lulu.com links or in some cases there are documents embedded in the blog entry using Scribd. Let me know please if you find any SaveFile links that are not working and I will update them. This was a huge task but it feels great to have it done. The Lulu.com links are either HERE or HERE.
  • It is not too early to start thinking about nature study for next spring and summer. Take a look at some of the challenges for garden flowers over on the sidebar and see if any of them are ones that might fit your interest for the coming seasons. Now is the time to start to thinking about planning and ordering seeds. You can also take a look at my Garden Flowers Ebook over on Lulu.com and keep it in mind for your spring nature study.
  • Listed on my sidebar, under the big list of Outdoor Hour Challenges, there is a list of links to all of the available Outdoor Hour Challenge notebooking pages that Tina and I have created. Please remember those are there and when the opportunity arises, take advantage of pre-made pages to keep your nature journaling as simple as possible.
  • You are welcome to post links on Mr. Linky at any time. Even if the challenge is from a year or more ago, please feel free to post a link for others to enjoy. You are not tied to any particular time table and if you find you are interested in studying insects while the rest of us are focusing on trees, still post your link on the appropriate challenge entry.
Email me anytime you have questions or comments. harmonyfinearts@yahoo.com

Barb-Harmony Art Mom