Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Garden Goodness Before the Rain

garden bounty 10 12 09
It is raining this morning but yesterday I was able to get out into the garden to gather in some goodies. There are now four vases with zinnias on my kitchen table to cheer me up on this gloomy rainy morning.

The veggies are tapering off but are still very welcome at the dinner table. I didn't photograph the gigantic zucchini that I found hiding under the leaves...how does that happen?
oregano gone to seed
Some of the herbs have gone to seed and are so pretty that I hate to trim them.

garlic chives seeds
The garlic chives have some seeds too...I couldn't bear to cut them back and this is what happens.
pretty zinnia unfolding
This is my favorite flower of the day with its uncurling ray flowers.

Just think...we are getting to the end of my garden posts for the year 2009. Autumn posts will start to roll in anytime now with the changing season. I need to start thinking about a winter topic for the blog. :)

Barb-Harmony Art Mom