Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Battersea Power Station

A coal fired power station that operated between 1939 and 1983 (or thereabouts). You can't help but notice it especially if you travel on the eurostar. I have had it on my list to 'check-out' and take a few pictures of. I read that there were tours, so thought yesterday was a good day to finally cross that one of my list. A friend and I set out on a cold blustery day (hadn't factored that in to the plan), only to be told once we arrived that we couldn't get in. The tours have finished for the time being. So this is the best I can offer at present. You can also read the latest proposals for the station here. Although I am told this is just the latest version of plans that don't make it past this stage. However I did see a few small posters on power poles in the area saying there were going to be music festivals in the grounds from December 2008 to March 2009.