Monday, October 13, 2008

A Quiet Nature Study Revolution


Catching up on my blog reading this morning, I found this treasure of an entry over at Postcards From Paradise. I really enjoy her blog and you know this entry touched my heart. :)

It got me to thinking about how there seems to be a quiet little revolution going on all over the county....a growing love affair with the outdoors that seems to be starting with some quiet whispers. The increased volume of praises for the many "miracles" we have around us every day is being heard. The ripples keep moving out as more families share the benefits they have felt in their lives.

The every day things that we sometimes don't notice unless we slow down and open our child-like eyes are now being really seen for the first time...maybe a reawakening to the fact that we have many things to entertain us that we don't need to plug into the wall.

Who would have thought that our children could be excited by leaves, seeds, clouds, bugs, rocks, sticks, or fungus?

I did.

Keep it going,
Barb-Harmony Art Mom