Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Garden Goodies-Full Disclosure

My husband read my last garden post and was a little disappointed that I did not share some more of the successes we have had from our yard.

So, here are some photos of the things we have enjoyed.

Carrots from the garden
We had a few carrots hidden in the flower garden. I don't remember planting them but there they were when I went to do my weeding. Bonus!

Bruschetta
We have been having fresh bruschetta with tomatoes and basil from the garden. I love it with pita chips.

Tomato Plant
Our tomatoes are slow going this year but there have been a few to enjoy with the promise of more to come.

Cherry Tomatoes
These have been good performers from the deck container garden. I really wish I liked cherry tomatoes more but my husband eats them like candy.

Blackberries
The blackberries are coming regularly now and every time I do the watering I eat a handful. I mixed these in with some peaches and made a blackberry/peach cobbler....talk about yum.

Okay now my husband will be happy. He also says to say that we have had figs by the bagful from our tree, so many we have had to share them with our neighbors. There are a few apples, loads of purple plums, seedless grapes, and a full crop of walnuts to come later in the season.

I also remembered that we already dried oregano and dill from the garden. We also have had quite a few onions and I am ready to pull up another round this week to dry and store in the pantry.

He is going to keep me completely honest...thanks honey.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom