Saturday, January 24, 2009

Submissions for the Outdoor Hour Challange Nature Journal Archives

Edit to bump this post up to the top for those that missed it this week. I would love for more people to join the group and if you did join earlier this week, I have approved everyone so you can now go ahead and upload your own nature journal images. I know that a few have sent in some images and I greatly appreciate your efforts.

Announcement:
Quite a few people who responded to the Outdoor Hour Survey last month replied that they would be interested in participating in making a collection of images of nature journal pages. I envision this as an online archive of actual pages from everyone's journals as a way to show how many ways there are to complete a journal entry page.

The value in seeing a variety of styles from actual children who are of various ages and abilities will be a helpful tool for parents who wish to help their children get started and stay motivated with keeping a nature journal.

What kind of pages are we looking for?
sketches with labels
watercolor drawings
Notebook pages
scrapbook type pages
various ways to put items into your journal
nature journals kept in binders

I would love to see as many entries as possible and we will keep this project open and on-going over the next year. As you complete a journal entry and you decide you would like to add it to the archive, please scan or take a digital photo of the page. You will not be limited to the amount of pages you can submit.

How do you submit a photo?

You will need to join the Flickr.com group to add images to the group. Follow the links below to each group and you will be directed through the steps to join the group.

Nature Journal Samples: Ages Eight and Under

Nature Journal Samples: Ages Nine and Up

I am hoping this will be an easy way to share your journal pages. If you absolutely cannot figure out how to join the Flickr group, you can always email the image to me and I will load it for you. I would prefer that each person upload their own photos but I understand if you are not willing to set up a Flickr sign-in.

I have put in a few images to each group already just to get us started.

Please leave me a comment or email me if you have any questions.
Barb-Harmony Art Mom