Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trees-Can't Stop Learning about Trees


Here are some blogs on trees that I enjoyed viewing with my boys:

Osage Orange:
Make sure to go to the bottom of the post and watch her short video. Interesting tree!

Her whole blog is very interesting and I love the way she shares her connections of nature and serious science study.

I would love to be able to do a series of video blogs to go along with the Handbook of Nature Study. She has inspired me to try a little harder on not being so self-conscious about being on camera.

How about a whole blog about trees? Scroll down the right sidebar and there is a list of trees that are included on the blog. Worth the time.
Exploring the World of Trees

I was sitting and thinking about all the things that our family has learned about our local trees and how special this time has been during this focus. I am starting to internalize how simple but effective it is to have an overall focus to our nature study but at the same time keeping ourselves open to whatever comes along in addition to the trees we are learning about. It always gives us a purpose for our time outdoors, an aim or goal that we can reach every single time.

I see other families starting to get that concept as well and it makes me happy. The challenges are taken into consideration and effort is put forth to complete the challenge but if the child finds something else along the way, I love it when the family just goes with that subject.

Looking forward to more nature study together as the weeks go by,
Barb-Harmony Art Mom